Mother and daughter hugging

Behavioral Health FAQs & Resources

Our Behavioral Health Resources

Community Resources

Family Support
The following resources may be of use for anyone who is caring for someone in recovery from substance use and addiction:
Mental Health & Wellness Support
The following resources may be of use for those seeking additional materials on mental health and substance use disorder:

Additional Financial Resources

BILH Find Help is the place to find free/low-cost services near you.

Get help with bills, rent, buying food and more. Enter your zip code and hit the Search button below to find programs near you.

Frequently Asked Questions

What should I do if my loved one is having a behavioral health crisis?
If you or a loved one is experiencing a behavioral health emergency, please do one of the following:
  • Call our Emergency Behavioral Health & Crisis Support: 877-255-1261
  • Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 988
  • Text “HOME” to 741741 (Crisis Text Line provides free, 24/7 mental health support via text message)
Will medical insurance cover behavioral health services?

Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services accepts most public and private insurance plans, including Managed Care coverage, Medicaid and Medicare and has some ability to serve the uninsured. Please contact the program for more information.

Adult and youth emergency crisis services are available to anyone regardless of insurance, including those who are uninsured.

What if I don't have medical insurance?
Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services provides addiction treatment services for everyone in need, regardless of insurance status.
Can I pay my bill online?
Yes. We use a secure third-party platform called YouPay to process online payments. Pay Bill
How do I request access to my medical records?
Download our Medical Record Release Form, fill it out, and then email us your completed form. Please remember:
  • When requesting your medical records, let us know the name of the site, program, or location in which you are seeking records.
  • If you are signing the release form as a Personal Representative, you are required to include the appropriate paperwork to support representative status.